Tap Easy is committed to protecting individual privacy and securing the personal information made available to us when you visit tap-easy.com and our partner sites, as well Tap Easy pages on other sites (such as our profiles on social networks).
We will revise or update this policy if our practices change, or as we develop better ways to keep you informed about them. You should refer back to this page often for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. If we decide to change this policy, we will post a new policy on our site and change the date at the bottom.
What information do we collect?
Tap Easy collects personally identifiable information from you when ordering or registering on our site. Personally identifiable information is also collected whenever you make a purchase with us.
Personally identifiable information that we collect may vary with each separate purpose for which you provide it, and it may include one or more of the following categories: name, physical address, an email address, phone number, credit card information including credit card number, expiration date, billing address, Facebook profile identification, and location data.
For example by completing a “Contact Us” form, signing up for our email list, or leaving a comment, we may use that information to respond to your message and/or to help us get you the information or services you requested. Submitting this personal information (name, email address, mailing address etc.) is voluntary. This information will be retained by Tap Easy.
Analytics and Tracking
Tap Easy collects non-personally identifiable information about your activities when you visit our website.
a. Internet Protocol (IP) Address. A computer’s IP address establishes its location on the internet and allows other computers, such as those hosting Tap-Easy.com and our partner sites, to send it content and other information;
b. The internet domain name when a computer accesses the internet through a domain, such as from a corporation (“xcompany.com”) or university (“yourschool.edu”);
c. The date, time, and duration of a website visit;
d. If a computer accesses a page on Tap-Easy.com and our partner sites via a link on another page, the URL of that referring, non-Tap-Easy.com and our partner sites page;
e. Information about the computer set-up, such as the type and version of web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 5.0), operating system (e.g., Unix, Mac OS, MS Windows), Java support (yes or no), Flash version (e.g., 10.1 r85), screen resolution (e.g., 1280×800), and connection speed (e.g., DSL, T1);
f. The specific pages a computer accesses when it requests information from Tap-Easy.com and our partner sites; and
g. The amount of data (measured in number of bytes) transmitted from Tap-Easy.com and our partner sites to a computer. Tap Easy does not use this information to identify or track the browsing of individual users. We do use it to generate aggregate statistics about how Tap-Easy.com and our partner sites are used.
h. Some pages on Tap-Easy.com and our partner sites may include web content or functionality from third parties, such as embedded videos hosted by non-Tap-Easy.com and our partner sites services. For example, content or functionality from the following third parties may be present on some Tap-Easy.com and our partner sites pages:
i. These third parties may use web measurement and customization technologies (such as cookies) in conjunction with the provision of this content or functionality. You should consult the privacy policies of these third parties for further information.
Cookies, Pixels and Tracking
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of this website, you will need to delete, and block or disable cookies via your browser settings. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from being able to access certain features on this website.
Third Party Tools and Partners
We may share aggregate statistics, metrics and other reports about the performance of ads or contents, such as the number of unique user views, demographics about who saw our ads or content, conversion rates, and date and time information.
We also use Facebook Ads to reach relavent audiences. For more information about what Facebook collects and your choices around Facebook Ads, please see: AdChoices.
If you submit information to register with one of our affiliate partners – the personally identifiable information you submit will be handled by the partners. We do not control how they manage or use that information. We refer our visitors and subscribers to affiliate partner sites in good faith.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 (or under the age of 14 for anyone living in Spain or South Korea) or knowingly allow such persons to register. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age without parental consent, we take steps to delete that information.
How do we use the information?
Site activity information
We keep track of the actions you take, such as the pages you visit, how long you visit, the links you click on, form submissions, and downloads.
Access Device and Browser Information
When you access our site from a computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
We use “cookies” (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make our site easier to use and to make our advertising better. We also use them to confirm when you reach certain pages on our website (like a download or checkout page). Cookies are used to tell us when you are interacting with our advertisements and to personalize the ads you see about us.
We partner with third party ad networks to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. We use remarketing and display advertising across multiple networks including, but not limited to, Google and Facebook.
The data provided by third parties may originate both online and offline. We may share the aggregate information we collect with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties. Our advertising partners including but not limited to Google and Facebook, also place persistent cookies on your device when you visit our website or our Advertisers’ websites in order to help us recognize you and serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit their website or online service or websites in their networks.
Tap Easy maintains several lists of subscribers who have asked to receive periodic email updates. Any recipient of a Tap Easy email may unsubscribe from future messages via a link at the bottom of each email message. We do not sell, rent, exchange, or otherwise disclose our list subscribers to persons or organizations outside tap-easy.com.
Messages sent from Tap Easy to email subscribers may include a tracking pixel to provide basic aggregate analytics such as the percentage of recipients who opened an email or clicked on a link in an email, the percentage of subscribers using various email clients, and the number of times an email was replied to, forwarded or printed.
Our email analytics providers also offer the capability to view some data, such as whether a mass email was opened, at an individual level for 30 days after an email was sent; as a matter of policy and practice this data is only viewed on an aggregate basis.
When you follow a link to an external site, you are leaving tap-easy.com and our partner sites and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external site. tap-easy.com and our partner sites do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained in a linked site. We also do not endorse the organizations or individuals maintaining sites that we link, any views they express, or any products/services they offer.
- Affiliate Partners
We may provide your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to any affiliate partners. We may act as a marketing affiliate or reseller for certain of our marketing partners for purposes of selling their products or services to you, and we reserve the right to right to disclose your Personal Information to them for purposes of transaction processing, fulfillment, and support. These marketing partners may also email you regarding complimentary products or services, however, you have two ways to opt out of receiving these emails : (i) contact us (as provided below under the Contact Us heading) with a request to opt out, or (ii) wait until you receive an email from them and then unsubscribe.
- Deliver Purchased GoodsWe use name, email address, and postal address to deliver products you purchase through our website. This information is provided to us by Paypal which is our payment processor.
What control do you have over your personal information?
- You may request that we delete any data about you at any time. Unless you do so, however, we may retain your data until you ask us to delete it, even if we discontinue the website or you unsubscribe from emails. We may provide you with the ability to review, correct, or delete your information.
- You can unsubscribe from our email list by clicking the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of any email communication we send you.
- You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use our site. Before blocking cookies – we highly recommend reading why cookies are good here:http://blog.hubspot.com/in-defense-of-tracking-cookies. http://lifehacker.com/5461114/fact-and-fiction-the-truth-about-browser-cookies.
- You may opt-out of the placement of cookies by many of these advertisers here.To opt-out of Facebook advertising visit –https://www.facebook.com/help/146952742043748 To opt-out of Google advertising visit –https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en Google Analytics – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Your California Privacy Rights. As described above, from time to time, we make your Personal Information available to third parties. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with other companies or organizations, you may request opt-out of this information sharing by making a request at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. This notice is designed to comply with California’s “Shine the Light” law, but the opt-out option is available to all of our users.
How do we protect your information?
- We take reasonable precautions to protect our site and information automatically collected by tap-easy.com and our partner sites or voluntarily submitted to tap-easy.com and our partner sites. For example, we restrict access to information collected by or submitted to tap-easy.com and our partner sites to employees who access it to perform their duties. Access to Tap Easy accounts on third-party sites is limited to the staff who administer those accounts.
- We also utilize commonly used practices and technical controls to protect this information, along with tap-easy.com and our partner sites itself. These practices and controls include, but are not limited to, encrypting the transfer of personal information over the Internet via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), using high-strength firewalls and intrusion detection systems (IDS) to safeguard personal information and maintaining strict technical controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of all data on tap-easy.com and our partner sites. We periodically review our processes and systems to verify compliance with industry best practices and ensure the highest level of security for our website.
- Children and Privacy on tap-easy.com and our partner sites We believe in the importance of protecting the privacy of children online and do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13. To notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please contact us at support[at]tap-easy.com